So this use to be a joint blog between Denise, Eva and I... BUT IT'S MINE NOW >D
tumblr :D
follow our blog ? :)
|
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Sunday, 1 December 2013 // 12:20:00 pm Spoiler, if you plan of reading the book and you don't want to know the ending then don't read what I am about to blog about. So yeah I woke at 8 and needed to take my mind off things so from around 9 I decided to finish reading The Fault in Our Stars and it lived up to the hype. Noting down memorable parts. "When scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him." Hazel's entire eulogy but particularly "I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days and I'm grateful." "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers. I do, Augustus. I do" So I just finished crying for about an hour from page 200 something onwards, where Isaac and Hazel read their eulogy and I completely fell apart when Isaac talked about he doesn't want his robot eyes if he can't see Augustus with them. Everything from there on was just bawling material, and the ending attachments just ripped me right open. I feel deflated. At the beginning I felt reading this was a drag but I needed to because everyone says it's a good book and so I should read it. I'm so glad I did. I don't think I've read a book before with a sad ending quite like this one, because it's plain sad and there is no hint of happiness but despite that, the ending is still brilliant. Like movie with good sad endings this book had one too. It kind of leaves me feeling empty that I finished reading it. It was a good cry. A much needed cry. I'm just going to sit in bed and mope now. |
![]() Welcome!
Hello fellow stalker!
So this use to be a joint blog between Denise, Eva and I... BUT IT'S MINE NOW >D tumblr :D follow our blog ? :) |