<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/1331368074227088940?origin\x3dhttp://cheeseontoastk3.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cheese on Toast★
main about tagboard exits
W.O.T Day 10
Sunday, 5 January 2014 // 7:44:00 am

Feeling better today! I only have a light headache, my throat is pretty okay there's only a tiny bit of mucous and kind of sniffly and tiny tiny cough. I just don't like it when we go to stuffy areas like this airport and probably the plane because it makes my face hotter and my head hotter and worse than it actually is. 

Got up at 4.30am to get ready to leave the hotel at 5.30am. Had some tea, an apple and a sandwich for brekky. Got to Istanbul Airport at 6.30am. According to the posters around here it says this airport is 'the best airport in Southern Europe' and got some award. Well best airport my ass. At check in they obviously did something wrong because she asked me "Did you check in already?" Uhhhh no? "Oh where is Siovhan Choi" Uhhhh over there *points to the other girl on this trip with the same last name as me* Lalalala takes a while to sort things out and finally brings me my passport and boarding ticket ages later. Then at customs. Customs. Customs. Customs…>_> At every other customs I have not had a single problem, I always walk through the metal detector thing without a problem, it never went off. Sometimes at those customs people had to take their shoes off, but for me they never needed me to take my shoes off when others did. BUT HERE I had to take off my shoes AND the metal thing went off when there was not a single bit of metal on me. I felt so violated being frisked I'VE NEVER BEEN FRISKED BEFORE GRRRRRR and the lady who did it WAS SO RUDE, it was like she was molesting me D: So uncomfortable. Those metal detectors were rigged. They purposely make it go off even when there's nothing so it seems their technology is so good with security when it's not. Turkey I didn't like you when I came here, you made me sick, and now I still don't like you as I leave. Poop. The only thing I liked was the hotel and the bazaars pretty much. Also our flight was delayed and we were notified to go from gate 204 to gate 217 instead because of some changes, but then later we had to go back to gate 204. It's way past boarding time, we were suppose to board at 7.35am but right now its 8.05am. 

The sickness is travelling throughout our group. 7/8 of us on this trip have gotten sick in some sort of way. I think my sickness transferred to Renae :( Since she has mainly been sitting next to me and also shared the same room AND bed as me and she has a sore throat and upset stomach right now. She's not talking much and has THAT face. You know the 'don't bother me, I don't like what's going on' type stoner face. Yeah I know how she feels so I shan't disturb her. 

On the flight from Turkey to Rome now, it going to be 2 hours and 50 minutes long. I actually wish it was longer because there are so many movies available on this flight that I want to watch. I was tossing between rewatching Cloudy and a Chance of Meatballs 2, watching The Gangster Squad, Ruby Sparks or The Internship, but I don't have enough time for 4 movies lol. So I decided to watch the Gangster Squad. Ermagerd Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling 8D I actually cried in the Gangster Squad when it wasn't really necessary, but when the guy who made the bug on Mickey Cohen died and there was a scene of his son and Karl hugging I was just like TT___TT. Anyways good movie (Y) Omg so I got the lemonade on the plane when usually I just get water because on the menu pamphlet thing it said lemonade with mint! SoI was like oooOOoooOOoooOoOoOooo must try, and it was so good :D It tasted like the ginger mint ice tea I had during the Noodle Night Markets! I've been craving that so much. It was more lemony and tangy, kind of like solo with mint without the fizz, but it was sooooooo gooooood ^^

Finally on the bus and on our way to the hotel. Wow it's only 5.44pm but it feels like it has been such an extremely long day I can't even remember. We got off the bus at around 11.45am and we were allowed free time until 1.30pm and roam around Rome. Hah, so punny :P Similar to Crete is was kind of stressful being in a foreign place and keeping everyone together and making decisions was hard so eventually our group of 8 split and I was with Susie and Renae. We eventually decided to eat at this pizza place that sold a mixed 5 slices of square pizza and a drink for 7 euros, Susie and I shared because Renae wasn't eating so technically 3.50 euros and it was pretty filling and yummy 8). We were told to be wary of pickpockets here and scammers. Couldn't trust anyone haha. Some random even shouted that the information he was going to tell us was going to be free. Since when did getting information have a cost. Dodgy lol. Then we made way to the Vatican State. OMG seagulls in Rome are SO BIG. They're the size of crows and a little bigger. It was mainly history, statues, artifacts and galleries but the ceilings of the buildings were so amazing. To be honest of the whole thing I enjoyed looking at the ceilings the most. After that we went into the Sistina Chapel. It was incredible inside, murals everywhere that depicted stories. Although because I don't really have the greatest basic knowledge with religious stories, I didn't know what most of the murals represented, so I could only appreciate the artistic side of things really, in fact I kind of felt out of place. After that we went to St Peter's square and into the St Peter's Basilica. The Basilica was always incredible inside. Apparently it's bigger than the Colliseum, but once again I felt kind of out of place again because the references the tour guide made about all the things and people like St Paul's and what not, I don't know what they all are. Nevertheless everything was so gold, marbly, grand, extravagant and sparkly, I could enjoy it. Apart from the fact that my feet are dead and I'm extremely exhausted and we had some trouble here and there, it has been a good day :) I also bought something hehe. 

So we went out for dinner to some place I didn't even look at the name of because I was so eager to just eat. We had Bruscetta and a selection of meat salami things as starters. The salami was weird, and fatty, didn't really like it. Then we had pasta as a main and TIRAMISU as dessert. Soooooooo scrumptious. 


Have to wake up at 6 tomorrow and we are going toooooo NAPLES. 

I really want to stay up later, but I've been awake since 4.30am and it's 9.43pm now and I haven't slept at all, not on the plane or bus + walking all day. My eyes are so dry.

Labels:




Welcome!
Hello fellow stalker!
So this use to be a joint blog between Denise, Eva and I... BUT IT'S MINE NOW >D


tumblr :D

follow our blog ? :)