<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1331368074227088940?origin\x3dhttp://cheeseontoastk3.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cheese on Toast★
main about tagboard exits
W.O.T Day 8
Friday, 3 January 2014 // 6:50:00 am

Yep I got sick. I woke up at 3.10am with my face feeling really hot, hot breath, kind of dizzy and half a blocked nose. It was really hard going back to sleep but I did eventually. 

Urgh when you're sick all you want to do is stay home snuggled in bed =_="

We visited Gallipoli, the ANZAC cove, the memorial and the Lone Pine cemetery. It was really sad and I cried. The words on the plaque really appealed to me, "Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives are now living in the soil of a friendly country therefore rest in peace, there is no difference between the Johnnies and Mehmet's to us where they die side by side here in this country of ours…you the mothers who sent their sons from far away countries wipe away their tears. Your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. Having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well".  The little messages engraved onto the gravestones were also really heartwrenching, words like "Only a boy but died a man for liberty and freedom - Mum and Dad" He was 18. Also "To live in the hearts of those we love is not to die" I don't understand the people who were more focused on taking photos of themselves in the scenery, how could you smile in a place like that. I don't think it was appropriate nor considerate to take photos at all. I didn't think I'd get so emotional. Just thinking about how I was standing on the soil of where battles occurred and so many died for 'peace' and a 'victory' was...yeah. 

It was so cold, I couldn't feel my fingers and feet. Luckily my body was warm and that's pretty much all that matters. Except when I breathe in cold air through my nose I get like a brain freeze lol.

Visited the Canakkale Museum where there was a simulation and we had to put 3D glasses and head phones. It was really stuffy in there and it made my head nauseous so I didn't really enjoy it as much as I would have liked. 

Now we embark on our 5 hour drive back to Istanbul. We stopped at this Shell petrol place that had a restaurant and we ate there. I had lentil and mint soup which was soooooooooooo yummy ^^ Except it was kind of spicy so my mouth was on fire by the end of finishing it haha. I feel like such a druggie having so much medication. I had to take 2 tablets in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and then 2 at night. Well for me that's a lot, because I haven't taken medication in so long. I usually prefer not to take medication when I'm sick and let it heal itself, but I don't want to risk getting worse on this trip so I'm taking some. Sylvia your Bloom's cold and flu tablets are SO BITTER >< I just realised lots of people are keeping tabs of what they spent money on during the trip. Maybe I should have done that, but then again it's my own money so I can spend it on whatever I want :P Although I did lose my wallet and there were Pounds and Euros in there that equated to about 200 which means about $300 AUD :( I feel so bad. Oh well I can work that money back. 

I'm so excited to go to the Grand Bazaar tomorrow! I'm so sad we didn't get to go Troy :( 


OMG THE HOTEL WE'RE STAYING AT IN ISTANBUL IS SO NICE! But the wiffy is still pretty meh in the room we're in :L

My new corner for stronger wifi  8) Best angle ever

Labels:




Welcome!
Hello fellow stalker!
So this use to be a joint blog between Denise, Eva and I... BUT IT'S MINE NOW >D


tumblr :D

follow our blog ? :)