Welcome!
Hello fellow stalker!
So this use to be a joint blog between Denise, Eva and I... BUT IT'S MINE NOW >D
tumblr :D
follow our blog ? :)
|
Sunday, 31 August 2014 // 1:21:00 am So this happened a couple times over a week which is more than usual which makes me inclined to blog about it because it just makes me think about stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuff. Yeah so in the past week I've had 3 strangers come up to me for different reasons. 1. At uni just before I went into my lecture a middle aged man came over to me and my friends asking if we wanted to donate any spare change for a charity raising money for the disabled 2. At msm someone also came up to us and asked if wanted to donate 3. Today on the train this dodgy looking guy came up to me asking me for money because he has no money to buy food 4. I walked passed someone at central asking someone else for 3 dollars who declined giving it to him. So in the first 2 scenarios, I gave money and the people around me didn't, in the third case I also gave him whatever coins I had, and in the last one I simply walked by after overhearing it. I'm not taking any sides saying those who don't donate are heartless or ignorant nor am I saying ERMAGERD I'M BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I GAVE MONEY. There are many things I think about like, do the people who decline to give money ignorant, simply don't care and whatevs, does that make them bad people? No of course not. I gave money but does that make me an idiot for giving money to people who could possibly be scamming me. Then what does it matter if I get scammed a few dollars for what possibly could be legit. Or is it a case of "she's stupid because she doesn't even have any knowledge into the organisations she's giving money to". And then for the person who ignored the man asking her for $3, it's like, why not just give him the $3 incase he really does need it, I'm sure you can spare three bucks. But then jokes I'm also guilty of not always sparing change since I didn't go up to that guy and give him three bus. I DON'T KNOW JUST A STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS. Random thoughts about different sides of things. And then on the train the guy who was asking me for money was like please anything you can give me, you never know maybe we'll meet again and one day I can pay you back. In my head I was like, "Lol no you won't I'm not an idiot I know I won't ever see you again. " I just wish he didn't say that because it made me feel stupid for giving me money. ANYWHO yeah. GG. This reminds me of an experiment I had to do for my sociology class where my group decided to observe people who handed out flyers and the students reactions. So in the around 500 people who walked passed in an hour more than half ignored the person handing out the flyer, 70 something took a flyer, 25 signed the petition to whatever they were advocating for. And then I thought, is it worse to ignore the person trying to give you a flyer, or take the flyer and throw it into the bin after, because that's what people did. Someone even shouted GO AWAY. Yeah. I feel like I've blogged about this before. Anyways so like bad and good sides to everything like whaaat doooo what is riiiiight and what is wroooong bleeeeeeh. |
![]() Welcome!
Hello fellow stalker!
So this use to be a joint blog between Denise, Eva and I... BUT IT'S MINE NOW >D tumblr :D follow our blog ? :) |